NWCS Superintendent Update - 7.12.21
Greetings Mountie Nation,
I hope you all are enjoying your summer! As we reach the midpoint in our break, I wanted to take a moment and pass along a few updates to prepare families for the upcoming school year.
- The first day of school will be Wednesday, August 25, 2021 and will be a ½ day for students. Please CLICK HERE to view our 2021-2022 NWCS calendar. You can also download the NWCS mobile app from the Apple or Google Play store to view.
- Wednesdays will be early release days. CLICK HERE to view arrival and dismissal times for each building.
- Parents are required to create a Parent PowerSchool Portal account where you will be able to view transportation information, teacher assignments, grades and fill out electronic forms from the district. Information on the Parent PowerSchool Portal accounts was mailed to parents with report cards in June. CLICK HERE for more information on how to create an account.
- Students will be assigned their own technology with all assignments loaded on our learning management platforms, Schoology (3-12) and SeeSaw (Y5-2).
- At this time, NWCS will not require students or staff to wear masks in our buildings. We will continue to follow other mitigation measures such as social distrancing where available as well as routine cleaning and disinfecting.
- NWCS will continue to work with local and state health departments monitoring the COVID-19 situation in our community and school buildings.
- At this time, per the CDC requirements, those who test positive for COVID-19 or are in close contact with a positive and experiencing symptoms will be required to quarantine. We encourage students and staff to stay home if they are sick or having COVID-19 symptoms and to report positive or close contact cases to our NWCS COVID-19 Reporting Tool.
- At this time, students who are absent will be marked absent per the current state attendance policies.
As we continue to plan for the upcoming school year, I will keep you updated on any new information.
Have a great day!
Geoff Bontrager, Ed.S.