It is our mission to serve our communities with caring, reliable, and efficient transportation where safety is our dedication, integrity is our cornerstone, and respect is fundamental
Now hiring bus drivers!
Apply now at http://deantrans.com/jobs<Please note: Bus passes are not allowed. Students may only ride the bus they have been assigned>Transportation Major Behavior Rubric
The mission of DEAN TRANSPORTATION AND NORTHWEST COMMUNITY SCHOOLS is to provide the safest and most efficient transportation possible for the students we transport. We greatly appreciate your assistance to help us provide safe transportation. Please read, be aware of, and discuss the following policies and procedures with your daughter/son. Through teamwork and cooperation on everyone’s part, we should achieve our mission of safety. The policies and procedures in need of review are as follows:
General Transportation Policy:
Please call all change of addresses and phone number(s) into the transportation office. Our drivers are not permitted to make address OR route changes. The transportation office needs a three (3) to five (5) school day notice for a change in pick up or drop off address. Please keep in mind this may affect the bus run and make a time change for other students on the bus.
Student Stop Procedures:
Loading and unloading will be at a designated location that is within state, local, and school district guidelines to allow minimum traffic hazard exposure to your daughter/son. If you have questions or concerns about your Childs bus stop, please feel free to contact our office. Please have students at their designated pickup location at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Students must be out of their home or vehicle and ready to board the bus at their scheduled arrival time. To remain on schedule, our drivers are instructed not to wait past the scheduled time for each stop before continuing on to their next destination. If unusual circumstances occur, please contact the transportation office at (517)817-4707 to make arrangements.
If your student is of a preprimary age, or kindergarten, we need to have a responsible person within sight or to physically meet the bus.
Inclement Weather and School Closing Policy:
If your local school district or the school district your child attends is on a weather related delay of one hour or more, we will follow the delay schedule.
- Should your student be at school when it closes for various reasons, we ask that you listen to local radio/TV stations for updated information. We will make every effort to transport your student to their regular scheduled drop off as soon as possible within safety limits.
- When a parent transports or arranges transportation for their student(s) into school, from a closed district, it will also be the parent’s responsibility to arrange transportation back home.
We invite you to discuss any questions you may have regarding transportation with your child’s driver, or you may call our transportation office.
- Superintendent Geoff Bontrager will notify students and parents regarding all two hour delays and school closings using Blackboard- Email, phone call, text, and app. Please make sure your contact information is updated in PowerSchool to receive communications.
- Parents - Please make sure that all of your telephone numbers are up-to-date at your child’s school so you receive the calls
- The local radio and TV stations will also carry the delays and closings
- This information will be posted on the school district’s Facebook and home webpage as soon as it is possible
- Please send an email to NW.email@example.com, use the online form at the top of this page, or call (517)817-4707 to request changes to your student’s transportation needs.
- Billy Shevrovich
Business: 517-817-4707 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Dean Transportation-Transportation Supervisor, Northwest Community Schools
- Billy Shevrovich