Greetings Mountie Nation!
On May 8, 2018, Northwest residents will be asked to consider a bond proposal to support Northwest Community Schools. If approved, the 1.9 mills proposal will add additional classrooms, parking lots, site work, addition of band/choir/theater classrooms, and improve athletic facilities. This would allow us to address the present needs and still keep Northwest Community Schools below four of the six surrounding school districts in mills levied.
Why Another Bond?
- Northwest is diverse enough to offer unique programs and individual attention
- A vibrant school “Community” stimulates the local economy and home values
- Due to our positive culture, an increase in space is needed
- Pupil State Aid pays for day to day operations
- 2012 Facility Assessment identified over $120 million in needs
- 2013 Bond Millage completed $40 million of those needs
- This Bond request addresses our immediate needs
For more information please see the Bond Insert in this newsletter or go to www.nwbond.com.
Please plan to vote on Tuesday, May 8, 2018.
Thank you for your support of Northwest Community Schools.
Geoff Bontrager Ed.S.
Northwest Community Schools